Wednesday, December 8, 2021
HomeCity News1 dead, 10 injured in Chembur cylinder explosion

1 dead, 10 injured in Chembur cylinder explosion

cylinder-explosionIn the early morning on Monday, one person is killed and 10 others have suffered burns in a cooking gas cylinder explosion at Sandeep Colony in Chembur. The incident occurred when the gas leaked from one of the house from the locality and someone tried to light the cooking stove.

Chembur police have registered a case of accident. Three victims belonged to same family in which the male member died while his wife and mother are serious among 11 injured.

Injured are taken to the Sion Hospital for treatment while dead bodies sent for post mortem. “According to the people from the locality the incident occurred due to gas leakage from one of the houses situated in a chawl in Chembur. It seems someone tried to light the gas stove when the incident occurred,” said deputy commissioner of police (Zone Vl) Sangramsinh Nishandar.

At around 7.30am, people from the locality started checking their and theirs neighbours house after gas leak emanated in the locality. Before could react the explosion occurred. Fire brigade and the police reach the spot on receiving alert at their control rooms. The situation is brought under control in an hour.

Most Popular

- Advertisment -[the_ad id="220709"]