A Delhi court on Wednesday said it will hear on June 3 CBI’s closure report in a case against Congress leader JagdishTytler in connection with 1984 anti-Sikh riots.
Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate (ACMM) SaurabhPratap Singh Laler supplied the copy of the closure report to the complainant in the case and fixed the matter for June 3.
On that day, complainant and victim Lakhvinder, whose husband Badal Singh was killed during the riots, is likely to file a protest petition challenging CBI’s closure report.
The court had earlier issued notice to the complainant on the closure report.
Complainant’s counsel, however, could not appear in the case as the lawyers are observing strike in all the six district courts here.
The court had earlier said “perusal of records revealed that the cancellation report was also filed earlier as regards accused JagdishTytler”.
This was the third time that Tytler was given a clean chit in the case by the investigating agency.
CBI had said it has conducted further probe in the case, as directed by a sessions court, and filed a closure report in the matter.
In April 2013, CBI was directed by a sessions court to further investigate the case as it set aside its earlier closure report.
Expressing displeasure over the CBI’s move of filing the closure report, senior advocate HS Phoolka, representing the riot victims, had said, “Why is it being done so secretly? Even the complainant has not been informed about it. It has been filed secretly.
“This shows an attempt has been made to get the closure report accepted by the court in hush-hush manner.”