Maharashtra Government has taken initiatives to ensure quick disposal of cases related to atrocities against women and children pending for over 15 years, Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis on Sunday said.
Speaking at the joint conference of Chief Ministers and High Court Chief Justices, Fadnavis said his government would set up mobile courts in the state, where about 29 lakh cases are currently pending.
He said the Maharashtra government was working to ensure that the pending cases reach their logical end.
“In order to improve the process of seeking justice in the state, the government has made monetary allocations to fill 179 posts ranging from the posts of first class judicial magistrate to district sessions judge.”
“Steps have been taken to increase the monetary allocation so that the strength of High Court judges can be increased from 75 to 94 and also create infrastructure for the same,” Fadnavis said.
He said the state government had already taken a decision to extend the ambit of district courts under which they can decide on civil cases exceeding Rs. 25 lakh up to Rs. 1 crore.