The Maharashtra government has raised reward amount for providing information on Naxals.
In Maharashtra, areas like Gadchiroli, Gondia, Chandrapur, Yavatmal and Bhandara, are badly affected by Naxalites.
The state government has decided to raise the reward amount as it thinks that the informers, who risk their lives while giving crucial information regarding Naxals, deserve more than the present sanctioned amount.
Below are the details of the reward amount that would be given to people providing information about Naxal leaders:
- General secretary – Rs 1,00,00,000
- Politburo member – Rs 60,00,000
- Central committee member – Rs 50,00,000
- Special Zonal committee member – Rs 25,00,000
- Divisional committee secretary – Rs 20,00,000