At least 24 students of a government primary school were taken ill today after consuming meal served to them under Mid-Day Meal scheme in Bihar’s Aurangabad district, an official said.
Navi Nagar’s Circle Officer (CO) Rana Akshaya Pratap Singh said the students complained of stomach pain and vomiting soon after consuming meal at the primary school in Ghirsindi village.
The ailing students were admitted to Navi Nagar referral hospital for treatment, he said.
Navi Nagar police station in-charge Ashish Sah, who rushed to the hospital after the incident, said he was trying to find out whether there were traces of lizard’s poison in the food, according to the symptoms reported by the students.
The CO said an administrative probe was on in the matter.