Sunday, December 5, 2021
HomeNationChild dies after drinking soft drink, three hospitalised

Child dies after drinking soft drink, three hospitalised

An eight-year-old girl died at a government hospital here and three children were being treated after they were indisposed soon after consuming a popular brand of soft drink, police said on Monday.

Anjapuli, a contract labourer with the public sector Neyveli Lignite Corporation and a resident of Therku Seplanatham village had bought two 500 ml bottles of the soft drink while returning home.

After four of his children consumed the soft drink, they developed symptoms of nausea, vomitting, abdominal pain and dyspnea.

They were rushed to a hospital in nearby Kurinjipadi and later brought to the government hospital here. Late in the night, Abirami, one of the children, was declared dead.

“Two other children continute to be treated. Another child has been shifted to JIPMER Hospital in Puducherry. She is currently on ventilator. We hope she will get well soon,” K R Jawaharlal, Deputy Director (Health), Cuddalore District told.

The remaining portion of the soft drink has been seized and sent to The King Institute of Preventive Medicine and Research in Chennai for analysis.

Most Popular

- Advertisment -[the_ad id="220709"]