Maharashtra health Minister Rajesh Tope on Sunday said that there has been no case of adverse reaction or side-effects of the COVID-19 vaccine in Maharashtra so far. On Saturday inoculation drive was undertaken across the country.
Tope also expressed confidence that “everything will be safe”.
According to the press release by the health department a total of 18,425 beneficiaries, or 65 percent of the target for the first day, were given vaccine shot across the state on Saturday.
“There has absolutely been no report of any adverse reaction or side-effects of the vaccine following the drive on Saturday. Everything was safe, it will be safe,” Tope said.
The Maharashtra government on Saturday evening announced the suspension of the COVID-19 vaccination drive in the state till Monday owing to problems in the Co-WIN app. Besides Maharashtra, several other states also postponed the vaccination drive to Monday.
The app has been created by the Centre for managing registration for inoculation.
Tope said it is expected that a “small technical glitch” in the app of the Centre will be addressed by Sunday or Monday.
“There will be improvement by today or tomorrow. And from Tuesday, we will conduct the drive again,” he said.
“Anyways, we have to conduct the drive for four days in a week. So, we can undertake it from Tuesday to Friday,” concluded the minister.
Meanwhile, on statuary COVID-19 tally of the state reached 19,84,768 as it recorded 3,145 fresh cases of infection. Maharashtra also reported 45 deaths, taking the fatality count to 50,336,