It’s been over five months to the death of Bollywood actor Sushant Singh Rajput, however nothing has been proven yet whether it was suicide or murder. On Sunday Maharashtra home minister and NCP leader Anil Deshmukh urged the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) to reveal if Sushant was died by suicide or murder.
The minister said while addressing a press conference, “The people of Maharashtra and the country are eagerly waiting for the CBI’s report on its investigation into Sushant Singh Rajput’s death case. People ask me about the status of the case…I request the CBI to reveal whether it was a suicide or murder.”
Sushant was found dead at his Bandra resident on June 14 this year, and since then there have been several speculation about the same but so far nothing has been cleared.
The CBI should bring out its probe report into the case as soon as possible, said Deshmukh.
“Five to six months have passed since the case was handed over to the CBI. Hence, the agency should make public its report as soon as possible to clear whether it was suicide or murder,” cited the NCP leader.
Earlier, besides CBI other two national agencies were also involved in connection with the Kedarnath actor death case. The Enforcement Directorate (ED) was probing a money-laundering angle while the Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB) is probing a drugs-related angle.
Soon after the death the Mumbai Police had filed an accidental death report and they were investigating the matter. However on August 19, the Supreme Court had upheld the transfer of an FIR, lodged by Rajput’s father at Patna against the actor’s girlfriend Rhea Chakraborty and others for allegedly abetting his suicide, to the CBI.
Reportedly, the CBI had then taken over the probe from Bihar Police.
In October, the medical board of the New Delhi-based All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) had ruled out murder in the death of Rajput, terming it “a case of hanging and death by suicide”.