Ram Chandra Kalsangra and Sandeep Dange, the two absconding accused in the 2008 Malegaon bomb blast case, have been mentioned as ‘RSS workers’ in the charge sheet filed by the NIA last week.
Naming Kalsangra as accused number 13 and Dange as accused number 14, the NIA has referred to the two as “RSS worker” against the column for occupation in its charge sheet.
Both of them have been on the run after their names surfaced in connection with the Malegaon blasts. The duo have been named as accused in other cases too that included Samjhuata train blasts in February 2007 in which 68 people were killed.
When asked to comment on its workers being named in the Malegaon charge sheet, RSS Head of Communication department Manmohan Vaidya said, “they were with RSS. We do not know about their whereabouts. Neither do we know about their involvement in the case.
“We do not support any kind of violence. But there should be a thorough judicial probe into the entire incident and anyone found guilty should be punished,” Vaidya said. Kalsangra and Dange are proclaimed offenders with the CBI and NIA announcing a cash reaward of Rs 10 lakh on information leading to their arrest. An Interpol Red Corner notice has also been issued against the two.
According to the NIA charge sheet, the examination of some of the acquaintances and associates of the duo was carried out during which the agency alleged that all the mobile phone numbers traced at the time of the blast at Malegaon were used by the accused.
Kalsangra alias Ramji and Dange are alleged to have imparted arms and explosive training to some of the accused at Bagli hill top in Devas of Madhya Pradesh. The two-wheeler, in which the explosive material was planted and placed outside a mosque on September 29, 2008 in Malegaon, was being used by Kalsangra for the last two years, the NIA said. The vehicle was in the name of Sadhvi Pragya Thakur, who has been given a clean chit by the NIA. Seven people were killed in the Malegaon 2008 blast.