The National Investigation Agency (NIA) on Monday cleared four people, including Malegaon serial blast accused Sadhvi Pragya Singh Thakur and senior RSS leader Indresh Kumar, of charges in the 2007 Ajmer Dargah blast.
NIA, in its supplementary final report submitted to the special court in Jaipur, said that it is closing the case against Indresh Kumar and Sadhvi Pragya as the counter-terrorism agency couldn’t find enough evidence to build a case against the four.
“The NIA filed the closure report against Sadhvi Pragya Singh, Indresh Kumar, and two more men, Prince and Rajendra, in the Ajmer Dargah blast case. The court will decide on April 17 whether it will accept the report,” public prosecutor Ashwini Sharma said.
The NIA court expressed displeasure over agency’s inability to track down three suspects — Sandeep Dange, Suresh Nair and Ram Chandra Kalsangra — who are still on the run.
Next hearing in the matter has been fixed for April 17.
Last month, the NIA court had sentenced Bhavesh Patel, Devendra Gupta, and Sunil Joshi to life in jail in the blast case, while acquitting a few including Swami Aseemanand. Joshi had died soon after the blast.
The blast on October 11, 2007 in the dargah of Khawaja Moinuddin Chisti in Ajmer had left three pilgrims dead and 15 others injured.