Six members of a family, including a five-year-old child, took ill following suspected food poisoning, officials said today.
The six persons, residents of Digha in Navi Mumbai, ate fish in dinner last night at around 10 PM.
After consuming the food, they developed complications like reddening of face and eyes, giddiness and vomitting, following which they were rushed to hospital, Thane Municipal Corporation’s regional disaster management cell chief Santosh Kadam said.
The authorities are trying to find out from where the family bought the fish for cooking, Kadam said.
The six were admitted to the civic-run Sri Chhatrapati Shivaji Hospital at Kalwa in the wee hours today, he added.