The owner and the manager of an automobile service centre in Manpada, Thane have been booked for alleged negligence leading to the death of a worker at their workshop last year, police said on Tuesday.
The victim, Sujit Yadav (23), was cleaning a car on June 12, 2017 when he got an electric shock from the water pipe at the service centre located in the city’s Manpada area, Thane police spokesperson Sukhada Narkar said.
He was rushed to a hospital where he died during treatment on July 2 last year, she said.
Another 22-year-old worker was also injured in the mishap and admitted to another hospital, Narkar said.
Doctors who attended Yadav declared that he died due to electrocution, she said.
The police later approached the Maharashtra State Electricity Board and its officials informed them that there was power leakage from the motor of the pressure water pipe in the workshop.
The service centre’s management, meanwhile, got the faulty motor repaired, the police said.
Based on the investigation, the police registered offences yesterday against the workshop’s owner and the manager under IPC sections 304-A (causing death by negligence), 337 (causing hurt by act endangering life or personal safety of others), 287 (negligent conduct with respect to machinery) and 120-B (criminal conspiracy), Narkar added.