Actor Val Kilmer has set the record straight over the suggestion that he is suffering from cancer, saying he has “no cancer whatsoever.”
Kilmer took to Facebook to give give an update on his current physical condition.
After being referred to a specialist to get a diagnosis for a lump on his throat, Kilmer said he was declared cancer-free by a team at UCLA.
“I still have a swollen tongue and am rehabbing steadily,” the 56-year-old actor wrote in his post.
“Some fans have mistakenly thought my silence about my personal issues meant that somehow I wasn’t being responsible to my health, because of my reliance on prayer and Love. Nothing could be further from the truth,” Kilmer continued in his latest Facebook post.
On Sunday, Michael Douglas, who beat stage 4 oral cancer in 2013, spoke at a Q&A in London where he talked about Kilmer battling oral cancer.
“Things don’t look too good for him. My prayers are with him. That’s why you haven’t heard too much from Val lately,” Douglas, 72, had said.
Commenting on it, Kilmer wrote, “Whatever led Michael Douglas to speculate about my health, he’s a loving and devoted friend to a privileged group of talent people around the world, and I’m sure he meant no harm.”
Kilmer also proudly shared that he has made “three films in the last year,” including a new project titled “Citizen Twain.”
He concluded, “Being healthy and having the respect of my peers and love from my family, friends, peers and fans is a DAILY source of inspiration, for which I am so grateful, you have no idea.