LPG gas fire injures nine at Kandivali

Kandivali Cylinder Blast,Kandivali Blast,Kandivali, Cylinder Blast, Cylinder, BlastAt least nine people sustained injuries after a fire from a leaking LPG  cylinder engulfed a house on Wednesday night at Kandivali. The incident took place at Vikas Mandal chawl in Kandivali (East). A few minutes after the fire broke out, a cylinder exploded in the house causing severe damage to the property.

According to a report, all the injured people were rushed to Shatabdi Hospital in Kandivali for treatment. Soon after the incident, the fire brigade reached the spot and doused the fire. This is how the damage was prevented.

The injured victims were identified as Mehul Surti (30), Devyani Surti (46), Jayesh Sutar (30), Nishant Panchal (10), Sandeep Kanade (28), Sharda Kanade (56), Omkar Chile (18) Divesh Patel (22) and Rajesh Dubala (40).

As per the assistant Medical officer of Shatabdi hospital, five people sustained 35 to 45 per cent burns and are undergoing treatment. On the other hand, other victims who suffered minor injuries were given basic treatment and were discharged.