Congress spokesperson Priyanka Chaturvedi on Thursday said that she had “moved on” after her Twitter squabble with union minister Smriti Irani.
The Congress leader also accused Irani of trying to drag the protracted bout of cyber-jousting, which was extensively reported in the national media, even further.
Speaking to reporters on the sidelines of a press conference at the state Congress headquarters in Panaji, Chaturvedi also said that the attitude of police about cyber threats and aggressive trolling of women on social media is changing for the better.
“She’s (Irani) commented on it today. I have moved on. She says she has given my dying career a new lease of life… I would not like to give any more weightage to the entire conversation. Maybe, she thinks it’s very important to keep talking about it. For me, it is a closed chapter,” Chaturvedi said.
Chaturvedi and Irani were engaged in a Twitter spat earlier this week, after Chaturvedi tweeted that she was being harassed and threatened by online trolls and said that had she been Irani, she would have been provided with Z category security.
The feisty Irani too joined into the argument and the two politicians ended up slugging it out in the social media over online harassment, women security and the Congress party’s loss in the Assam assembly polls.
The conversation trended on Twitter and was subsequently picked up by the media.
Chaturvedi claims that she has “moved on” from the Twitter slugfest, but also said that Irani appeared to be keen on carrying on with the cyber-jousting.
She also said that the attitude of police towards cyber bullying and threats on the social media had changed for the better.
“But now the attitude has changed. Mumbai Police came forward and said why don’t you file a complaint? So definitely attitude is changing, but as far as the execution is concerned, it is a source of concern,” Chaturvedi said, adding that earlier police would laugh off complaints of cyber threats.