Taking Jio’s offer a step further, Mukesh Ambani, Chairman and Managing Director of Reliance Industries Limited, on Thursday launched ‘Jio Happy New Year’ offer for its new and existing customers.
“Starting Dec 4, 2016 every new Jio user will get data, voice, video and the full bouquet of applications absolutely free till March 31, 2017. We are calling this Jio Happy New Year offer. All existing Jio customers will get extended benefits of Jio Happy New Year offer on current SIMs,” Ambani said in an address to stakeholders at RIL’s Navi Mumbai office.
Starting its service in September, Jio has already bagged over 52 million customers, he said, adding: “In the first three months, Jio has grown faster than Facebook, Whatsapp or Skype.”
Ambani said that on an average a Jio customer was “using 25 times more data than the average Indian broadband user.”
Here are highlights of Mukesh Ambani’s speech:
- Starting 4 Dec every new Reliance Jio user to get data free until 31 March 2017
- Jio New Year Offer will give users a maximum of 1 GB data free every day
- All domestic voice call to be free
- On 1 January, all existing customers of Jio welcome offer will be automatically eligible for the ‘Jio Happy New Year’ offer
- 80% Jio users consume less than 1GB of 4G Data. 20% use a “Disproportionate” amount of high data
- Reliance Jio has crossed subscriber base by over 50 million
- Users can get a Jio sim activated and home delivered in just 5 mins through eKYC
- 25 times more data is being used by a Jio customer than the average Indian broadband customer
- Over the past months, the call block rate has come down from over 90% to nearly 20% as of yesterday
- We are in the process of doubling Reliance Jio network to 4 lakh digitally-enabled outlets by March 2017
- Ambani launches the Jio Money merchants solution app which will enable digital transactions of all types, be it at mandis, small shops, bus tickets, etc. Starting 5th of December, all merchants can download the app.
Mobile Number Portability:
All customers can retain their existing numbers when they migrate to Jio. The company now supports full mobile number portability, Ambani said.
In the past 83 days, Jio has added 50 million customers on its 4G LTE all-IP wireless broadband network.
Jio has signed up over 6 lakh customers every single day for the past three months, he said, adding this was enabled by e-KYC.
e-KYC allowed SIM activation in under five minutes. “This is the best experience for activating anywhere in the world,” Ambani added.
Jio Happy New Year Offer Details:
Starting 4 December 2016, every new Jio user will get Jio’s Data, Voice, Video and the full bouquet of Jio applications absolutely FREE, till 31 March 2017. All existing Jio customers will get extended benefits of Jio Happy New Year offer till 31 March 2017 on current SIMs. In this period Jio customers will also be able to test-drive digital recharge, billing experience, using JioMoney wallet.
Under Jio Happy New Year Offer, customers will get 30 times the average usage on other networks free till 31 March 2017.
Due to solutions like Jio Money, every Indian has the ability to have a Digital ATM in their pocket. One of the key drivers for adoption of Digital Money and the Cashless way of living is people’s ability to convert physical Cash into Digital Cash and vice-versa. To make this possible, JioMoney is expanding its reach to millions of touch points where micro-ATMs will be deployed.
To enable low-value, high-volume transactions, merchants, especially small merchants, are important component of economy. To fuel their transactions, Jio is working to empower Indian merchants by building a digital retail ecosystem, which will be called JioMoney merchant solutions. This will enable digital transactions of all types, whether they be at mandis, small shops, restaurants, railway ticket counters, for bus and mass transit and even for person-to-person money transfers.