e the human are very much curious about our future and very much fascinated with Astrology, Astrology is not a “belief”. Like meteorology and economics, it is based on a comprehensive body of knowledge and that knowledge – correctly applied – provides insight and forecasts. Which are not always right but most of the time one can take a cue from its readings. Just as economists and weather forecasters get it wrong too. And we don’t dismiss their body of knowledge because of human error. Open-minded educated people throughout history have found value in astrology. Many educated people can put aside prejudices and look at astrology objectively, by reading core texts, and applying the principles.
Others consider astrology columns in magazines and online to “be” what astrology is all about. It seems part of human nature to dismiss what it doesn’t understand. Well! There is one more interesting extended segment to Astrology is Medical astrology, it is an ancient medical system that associates various parts of the body, diseases, and drugs as under the influence of the sun, moon, and planets, along with the twelve astrological signs. Each of the astrological signs (along with the sun, moon, and planets) is associated with different parts of the human body.
Medical astrology advances the association of each sign of the zodiac with parts of the body and was already mentioned by Marcus Manilius (1st century AD) in his epic poem (8000 verses) Astronomica. The signs of the zodiac were believed to preside over the parts of the body, covering the body from the head (Aries) to toe (Pisces). If we go in more details, then we discover that the following zodiac signs will have different illnesses.
- Aries – head, face, brain, eyes
- Taurus – throat, neck, thyroid gland, vocal tract
- Gemini – arms, lungs, shoulders, hands, nervous system, brain
- Cancer – chest, breasts, stomach, alimentary canal
- Leo – heart, chest, spine, spinal column, upper back
- Virgo – digestive system, intestines, spleen, nervous system
- Libra – kidneys, skin, lumbar region, buttocks
- Scorpio – reproductive system, sexual organs, bowels, excretory system
- Sagittarius – hips, thighs, liver, sciatic nerve
- Capricorn – knees, joints, skeletal system
- Aquarius – ankles, circulatory system
- Pisces – feet, toes, lymphatic system, adipose tissue, mucus
The Western astrological planets (Sun signs) are also associated with certain portions and functions within the body (though their rulerships have often been disputed within certain sub-currents of medical astrology, such as tongue for Venus or Mercury, and nose for either Mars or Venus with Saturn)
The anatomical-astrological human says, Sun – heart, eyes, circulatory system, upper back, vitality. Moon – stomach, breasts, cheeks, lymphatic system, digestive system, womb, glandular tissue, circadian rhythm, mood cycle, inherited health. Mercury – brain, nervous system, lungs, arms, hands, bowels.
- Venus – neck, kidneys, thymus gland, lips, chin, cheeks, palate, Eustachian tubes.
- Mars – muscles, testicles, phallus, sinews. Jupiter – liver, fat, adrenals, thighs, feet, sciatic nerves
- Saturn – skin, hair, teeth, bones, joints, knees, spleen
Novel associations not made until the incorporation of those planets into astrology and the rebirth of medical astrology:
- Chiron – trauma
- Uranus – parathyroid gland, excitation, attention span, triggers, spasms, nerve damage
- Neptune – pineal gland, mucus, lymphatic system, allergies, infections, intoxication, anaesthetics, drugs in general and addiction, receptivity to medication, stupor, ego death, imprinting and mirroring, placebo effect, spiritual experiences
- Pluto – pancreas, elimination, tics, anxiety, panic, obsession and compulsion, stoppage mechanisms (e.g. speech and learning disorders, neurodevelopment disorders in general, destruction of senescent cells), DNA damage, inherited diseases. After examining an individual’s natal chart, a medical astrologer may give advice to the client about the areas of the body in which they are most likely to experience trouble. For instance, an individual with the Sun, Moon, Ascendant, or many planets in the sign of Aries is presumed to have more headaches than other people because of the association of Aries with the head. A person with Taurus strong in the natal chart is predicted to have many sore throats and problems with the voice because of the Taurean association with that particular part of the body. Most likely, you get some vaguely useful advice about your health. The modern era of health care is now inexorably linked to the application of mathematical and computational analysis to offer digital-age diagnostics, novel pharmacotherapies, computer-assisted and robot-assisted interventions, epidemiological data mining, and evidence synthesis. These have also been supported by the application of mathematics to a plethora of research methods that include computational physiology, genomics, and more recently the development of systems medicine through the application of systems biology.
While many physician scientists are celebrated for applying arithmetic to the descriptions of body function. Medical Astrology helps to diagnose diseases from signs, houses and planets. The causes of ill health can be known well before its actual appearance in the human body through Vedic astrology horoscope. When bad planets influence the bad houses like Virgo, Scorpio or Pisces, then it leads to severe ill health. It is also possible to predict death through Medical astrology.
It is possible in Astrology to diagnose a disease well before its actual appearance in disease can be expected, When any planet receives bad aspects like square (90 deg) and opposition (180 deg). When bad planets (Saturn, Mars, Rahu, Kethu, Uranus, Neptune, Pluto) are posited like. 6th house (place of disease), 8th house (place of longevity) and 12th house (place of death) When bad planets occupy the signs: Virgo, Scorpio and Pisces. When bad planets occupy the Ascendant (place of body, mind and soul). Death can be predicted when Sun, Moon and Ascendant – all the three are afflicted.
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed within this article are the personal opinions of the author. The facts and opinions appearing in the article do not reflect the views of AFTERNOON VOICE and AFTERNOON VOICE does not assume any responsibility or liability for the same.