Belgium charged three people with involvement in a terrorist group after they were arrested in an operation at the weekend, the federal prosecutor said.
“They were charged with participation in the activities of a terrorist group,” the prosecutor’s office said in a statement, adding that a fourth person detained on Sunday had been released.
The three men were identified as Yassine A., Mohamed B. et Aboubaker O., the prosecutor said, adding that “in the interest of the inquiry,” further details would not be provided.
Belgian police had detained four people during a series of 13 raids on Sunday across the capital Brussels and the towns of Mechelen, about 30 kilometres due north of Brussels, and one in Duffel, 40 kilometres in the same direction.
The number killed in last Tuesday’s bombings at Brussels Airport and a rush-hour metro has risen to 35, not including the three suicide bombers, officials said on Monday.
“Four patients deceased in hospital. Medical teams did all possible. Total victims: 35. Courage to all the families,” Maggie De Block said in a tweet.
In addition more than 300 people have been injured.
Belgium`s crisis centre website also said there were 35 victims, but said only 28 of the victims had been formally identified.
Of these, 15 died at the airport of whom six were Belgian and nine were foreign nationals.