By Sudhanshu Sinhal
Competitive exams can be really intimidating, but if you apply smart strategies, the process can be much more manageable. To prepare for these exams, it is important to give mock tests as it helps the students to learn from their mistakes. With technology evolving, students have a new destination to learn and improvise.
Mock tests are considered as practice exams before you appear for the final one. While you attempting these tests, it helps in boosting your confidence and overcome mistakes. Here you not only are made aware of the test pattern but are also made to experience the strategies for tackling the actual test.
Sharing below a few points that you should keep in mind while appearing for MOCK TESTS:
- To develop the right strategy: Rather than learning concepts and formulas, what really makes a difference is preparing the right strategy. For that, it is important to know how to strategies for cracking and clearing these tests. The primary motive of these Mock tests is to create a benchmarking tool which will help students to measure their preparedness and work on their weakness. The mocks will also help in developing the right test taking strategy through a proper analysis of their performance in each mock.
- To learn new techniques to solve problems: While you are attempting these mock tests, they intend to help in learning some advance techniques. That is the reason; students sometimes find newer ways to apply basic concepts. Mock tests should be treated as if they are actual tests. If a student attempts seriousness while giving exams then they perform well in their actual test as well. Each mock test which you attempt gives you an opportunity to learn and improve your performance.
- To manage time: Time management plays an important role when you have clear competitive exams. It is very difficult to attempt all questions in the given time, as the accuracy is important. Therefore, solving more and more mock test will help. The more mock tests a student appears for, more are the chances for him/ her to complete their exams on time.
- To practice and prepare: It is said that with proper practice and conceptual understanding of problems, Mock test can be solved faster. Hence, if students are lagging in proper preparation they should start their preps, understand concepts, learn the basics and then start applying those concepts while they are appearing for Mock tests. This will help them review themselves of their understanding.
- To analyse post examination: After each test students should spend time to understand and analyse their mistakes. One needs to go through each and every section carefully to understand the same. A student attempting these tests should first try to work out each and every question in different ways and then look out for solutions. Through this kind of preparation students can expect to improve their understanding of concepts and basics which could be applied in the final test.
– (The author of the article is the Managing Director of Sinhal Classes.)