Saturday, June 19, 2021
HomeNation7 in family die after eating Mushrooms, 3-year-old girl survives in Aizawl

7 in family die after eating Mushrooms, 3-year-old girl survives in Aizawl

An entire family, barring a three-year old girl, has died after consuming wild mushrooms in Mizoram’s Mamit district, with the latest casualty reported on Wednesday, hospital sources said.

Mushrooms-AV

Saihmingthanga (12), who was in ICU at Aizawl Civil Hospital, died on Wednesday due to multiple organ failure, the hospital’s Medical Superintendent Dr. Rosangluaia said.

His father Saikhuma (35) and youngest brother, Malsawmtluanga (8), had died on April 8, while Biakrinawma (10), another brother of Saihmingthanga, had died the previous day at Mamit district hospital, sources said.

Saihmingthanga along with his mother Ramdinmawii (34), sister Miriami (3) and their guest VL Hriata (20) were brought to Aizawl by helicopter on April 8. Ramdinmawii died at the Aizawl Hospital and Research Centre’s ICU on April 10, the medical superintendent said.

Saikhuma had reportedly collected wild mushroom from the jungle on April 4 and ate it in dinner after which the family and their guest had stomach pain and loose motion. They were admitted to Mamit District Hospital, police said.

Mamit District Officer’s Club and Young Mizo Association (YMA) have opened accounts in the name of the three-year old Miriami as she had no family member left to take care of her.

Most Popular

- Advertisment -