Saturday, October 16, 2021
HomeCity NewsToddler charred to death in ambulance fire

Toddler charred to death in ambulance fire

In a tragic incident, a newborn girl was charred to death in fire after an explosion in the CNG kit of an ambulance, an official said.

A doctor and a nurse, who were accompanying the child, also sustained serious burns in the mishap, Thane civic body’s Regional Disaster Management Cell Chief Santosh Kadam said.

The ambulance was completely charred in the mishap, he said.

The infant, born on Thursday, was brought to a hospital in the city from Bhiwandi township the same day following some medical complications, he said.

The doctors at the private hospital advised the baby’s parents to shift her to a speciality care centre in adjoining Mumbai and called an ambulance to shift her there Thursday, Kadam said.

As the ambulance was about to leave for Mumbai with the child in it, the doctor and the nurse, who had also boarded the vehicle, witnessed a spark in the oxygen cylinder following which they
jumped out of it leaving the baby behind.

Most Popular

- Advertisment -[the_ad id="220709"]