After Bollywood superstar Salman Khan reached the Mumbai sessions court, two witnesses identified him so far in relation to his 2002 hit-and-run case. The retrial of the infamous case began last week with witnesses deposing before the magistrate. The actor was seen accompanied by his sisters while entering the court. If found guilty, the actor could face jail term upto ten years.
Two of the witnesses deposed before the court in order to testify and identify whether Salman was present on the spot of the accident or not. Reportedly, the 48-year-old actor was seen by these two witnesses getting out from his car on that fateful day.
According to reports, one of the witnesses who deposed today has lodged a complaint claiming that he has received a threatening call a few days back. Reportedly, the court will take this matter in the next hearing itself.
During the deposing process last week, a witness named Samba Gowda, said he had drawn panchnama of the articles seized by police on the day of the incident on September 28, 2002.
The witness told prosecutor Jagannath Kenjalkar that it was a big car involved in the accident and said police had reached the spot along with him. He further said the car had rammed into a laundry and its bumper had hit the shutter of the shop. The witness said he saw glass pieces, number plate of the car and bumper parts lying on the spot. These articles were seized by police and a panchnama was drawn by him.
On March 26, three witnesses failed to turn up as they were either not available or untraceable making this the second occasion when the fresh trial has not begun in the case.
The Bollywood superstar is facing the charges of running over his Toyota Land Cruiser on people sleeping on a footpath outside a bakery in suburban Bandra on September 28, 2002, killing one and injuring four others.