Thursday, May 13, 2021
HomeCity NewsFire in Byculla’s residential building, 2 injured

Fire in Byculla’s residential building, 2 injured

A major fire on Friday broke out in a three-storeyed residential building near Byculla railway station injuring two persons but 20 other occupants were safely rescued, a Fire Brigade official said.

The blaze broke out at the top floor of ‘Noor Manzil’ in South Mumbai apparently due to a short circuit. The injured were admitted to civic-run Nair Hospital, he said.

“We got a call at around 9 am about a fire in a residential building near Byculla station. We initially treated it as a Grade-1 fire and sent four water tankers. It was later upgraded to a Grade-2 fire (major) and a total of eight fire engines and seven water tankers were deployed to put out the blaze,” the official said.

The fire apparently started due to a short circuit in electrical wiring and got aggravated when a cooking gas cylinder burst when the flames spread, he said.

“The third floor was almost gutted. The Fire Brigade managed to rescue around 20 people, who were present in the building at the time of the incident,” the official said.

Most Popular

- Advertisment -